Robot Guy A Firefly Fan?

I should've known that Robot Guy would be a Firefly Fan.

When the series first came out, I remember thinking at the time - cool show... Like a western in space - or at least that's how it was sold. I never saw an episode, mainly because it seemed that whenever it was on, I wasn't watching TV.

About a year to two years ago, a friend of mine told me about the series and he was playing the DVD of the first and only season in Poets... Poets is kind of like an Engineering bar at the University of Waterloo. In between midterms for one term, I would pop in, watch some Firefly and then go back to writting midterms.

First off, it was amazingly entertaining. The shows were cold I found at the start, but they warmed up quickly with characters and plot lines that were unique and fun. I couldn't get enough of it.

You could tell though that the ratings were concerning them... The last few episodes ranched up the sex obviously in an attempt to boost the ratings and avoid cancellation.

Cancellation did come. Then they released a DVD of the first season - and it sold like mad. So they decided to bring it back as a movie called "Serenity" - because the idiots couldn't see a good idea when they had one.

I've been salivating at the thought of a Firefly movie. With Serenity coming out, I can't wait to see it. Joss Whedon got screwed when they gave Firely the turf. If they had given the show a little more a chance it would have the audience that the DVD did: people like me. There was a definite audience for Firefly the TV show - the question is, is there one for the movie?

I bet Robot Guy would agree that there sure is one of nutsos like him and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment