So-Con Squadron



Alright. I've been wanting for a while to come up with blog roll of so-called Canadian Social Conservative bloggers. That would be Bloggers that are pro-life, and are against Same-Sex-Marriage in the broadest terms. Social Conservatives believe that Freedom of Religion doesn't mean Freedom from Religion. Social Conservatives can be religious, although not all are. Social Conservatives mostly reject post 60's era left wing social engineering, and the meddling of the State to make things more "progressive."

So, if you have a blog, and you are Socially Conservative, and you want in email me at jverheyd-at-engmail-dot-uwaterloo-dot-ca. Make sure to include your blog's name and your blog URL.

Oh and yah, you're going to need the code for your site:

If you're already on the blog roll, it'd be nice if you add the code to your sidebar - or wherever else you want to add it. And if I haven't added you, don't take it personally, I'm a busy man and probably over looked you, or I just didn't know for sure if you were a So-Con or not.

And I guess the button aint the best. My photoshop abilities appparently aint so hot, so if you have a better logo please advise. I was thinking something with an actual squadron seal with the words "So-Con Squadron" on it...

7 comments:

  1. Well Jason,
    Why limit it there? I want to start something else. I'd like to network, starting at the national level, Canadian businesses that are socially conservative. Creating a not-for-profit corporation that these businesses can be members of, working together to benefit each other and benefiting their cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good. It would be a good way to raise donations for specific so-con causes as well. So-Con businesses then can pool all their resources together and make large donations to specific so-con candidates...

    Well if you know of any so-con businesses the place to start is to talk to them. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't get how that logo represents socons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your idea is a good one, except that the other side is so armed with advocacy groups and Human Rights Tribunals favouring their POV, that it might be hard to drum up support. I noticed a lot of big-name companies supported the Pride Parade, including CTV, Labatt's Blue, etc.

    So how to win the hearts and minds? You can't really be too "in your face" or else they shout "right-wing zealots" and bigots etc.

    I was blogging a lot on social issues for a while, but I got so discouraged; especially after talking to my M.P.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:00 PM

    This tastes a lot better than the Blogging RED Tories does!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:44 AM

    Why stop here? Why don't you call for the rounding up of pro-lifers and gays and lesbians and put them in concentration camps? Why shouldn't we just do away with them with the 'final solution'? We won't be happy until everyone is just like us and has his woman in the kitchen, barefoot, cooking and recognizing us as the master of the house! Oh 50's, where are you now?

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Why stop here? Why don't you call for the rounding up of pro-lifers and gays and lesbians and put them in concentration camps? Why shouldn't we just do away with them with the 'final solution'? We won't be happy until everyone is just like us and has his woman in the kitchen, barefoot, cooking and recognizing us as the master of the house! Oh 50's, where are you now?"

    What are you talking about?

    ReplyDelete