Angry's Angry

Angry in the Great White North has gotten noticably irritated over that article in the Globe and Mail about MP's being denied communion:
For Symmonds, what was so upsetting was the feeling that the church had made "a blanket decision without even knowing who I was ... I knew that the church was not supportive of abortion rights. However I felt that the church would be supportive of me.'

I couldn't help but laugh myself when I read this part of the article. Symmonds seems a little arrogant to believe that she is bigger than the church itself. Angry gets well Angry:
Me. Me. Me. It's always about "Me" with these people.

For some reason, these people seem to think that their "selves" are separate from their "choices". The Church could be against abortion, but embrace those who support it, according to Symmonds twisted non-logic.

News flash to Angus and Symmonds: we are all defined by our choices. You know that because you claim to be Catholics. You understand that in Catholic teaching, as opposed to Calvinism, for example, the choices you make are the basis on which you will be judged.

I'd like to add a comment on this quote from the very same article:
Symmonds, who once managed the now closed Planned Parenthood office in Medicine Hat, Alta., had to find another place to be married about a month before her wedding in September 2002 after her priest discovered from a newspaper article that she was pro-choice on abortion.

"I was shocked,'' says Symmonds. "When you grow up Catholic you grow up awaiting the day where you can walk into that great big cathedral with your husband. It's something you dream of as a little girl.

"And it got crushed within seconds.''

I certainly hope that she wanted to get married in the Catholic Church for more than just the "great big cathedral." As a Catholic, sometimes I wonder if it would be better for the Church to have masses out in a shanty in some back alley from now on. Maybe that will get it through people's heads that's it's not the sights and smells, but it's substance that matters.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I Dowdify:

    "... a little girl...And it got crushed within seconds.'"

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol... Well the whiny little girl theory is a good one.

    ReplyDelete