The Warfare of Desperation

It doesn't seem real. It doesn't feel like it actually happened.

At first the reports were only of a "bombing" in London. My initial reaction was remorse. Then there was that familiar feeling of fear. Fear that it might be a terrorist attack. Slowly the feelings faded. It was normal again.

Later on, the first reports started to come out that it was in fact the one thing I feared: they struck again.

But I don't feel right. I'm almost numb to it. Somewhere inside of me I know the feeling is there. But its almost like I'm holding it at bay. Too many mundane things to do. Too many more important things to worry about... Then I hear about the 40 dead. Then I hear about the 300 wounded.

I've heard far too many times the excuse given for those that commit terrorist acts that "it's all they can do..." In other words, they can't fight against a superior enemy, so they fight with what they can. That means with terror. I think most of these comments apply mostly to Palestinian suicide bombers but I think it sometimes is meant to apply to other terrorists as well.

First I want to say that I've heard these comments from people I respect. I respect them but I don't agree with them. And it's at times like these I'm reminded why that is.

Just ask one of those families that just has been victimized why...

How many of those dead were not supportive of the war in Iraq? How many of them were Muslim? How may of them were children? How many of them were heroes? How many of them were peaceful people? What did they do to deserve this?

The murder of innocent civilians, civilians that have never done anything wrong, is not acceptable. Desperation is no excuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment