The Autopsy

Terry Schiavo's' autopsy has been released. Curmudgeons comments on the debate raging over it. The Anchoress points out that dehidration will cause someone's brain to shrink. Sobrino weighs in himself.

I'm more inclined to agree with Curmudgeons in the sense that either side will just spin it to their advantage.

Besides the spin, and the obvious political biases everyone has, the thing that worries me the most is that the woman showed some signs of consciousness. Bush was right that where there is doubt we should err on the side of life. I sincerely hope that everyone pushing for Terri to die was right - that she was brain dead. Because otherwise this woman was murdered.

But for a woman to show the signs of life that she did, I can't understand how anyone in their right mind can be so sure that not at least a part of her was alive and aware.

And that thought scares the living daylights out of me.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:19 PM

    "Bush was right that where there is doubt we should err on the side of life."

    yet there are so many people on death row in Texas.

    yet there are so many dead in Iraq.

    I agree with Bush, when there is doubt we should err on the side of life.

    I just wish Bush would agree with himself.

    ReplyDelete