CPC Communications Shake Up

Apparently the Conservative communications shop is getting a shuffle:
Sources said Harper's chief of staff, Phil Murphy, is on the hit list to be axed, in favour of Doug Finley, who was recently brought in as the deputy chief of staff.

I've never met Phil Murphy. I have met Doug Finley. Though I'm not so sure about the validity of this source. Doug seemed more like he was happy where he was. He may step up to the plate but I would think it would be relunctantly. He never seemed as hungry for power as some. I always wondered what they paid Finley for what he was doing - my guess was it couldn't have been very much. His wife wasn't an MP back then. My sense of things is that Finley is financially secure enough on his own not to need a huge salary.

It will be interesting though to see him as Chief of Staff... He was a Trudeau Liberal once you know...

Tip o' the hat to Daiffalah.

No comments:

Post a Comment