The Never Ending Emerson Saga...

Another day, another Emerson quote.

On quitting over his whole ordeal Emerson had this to say: "Oh, I've thought about that many times. This is just another day when I've thought about that."

hmmm...Maybe that's a thought you might want to contemplate some more.

On running again as a Tory and actually getting a mandate from the people: "I may be so disillusioned that I won't stand anywhere. I have to be honest. If I knew politics would be as it has been, I wouldn't have run to begin with... But I'm into it and I'll finish the job."

You're disillusioned? You just stabbed your supporters, and your party in the back... Sorry but you aint the victim in this buddy. You're just experiencing the consequences.

On the reaction to his betraying his supporters and voters:"I thought that that was a very logical move to make, to serve the riding and to serve the province and the city... The kind of reaction I've been getting -- well, it's ... I find it surprising."

No doubt. You get elected as a Liberal. You were in government as a Liberal. You use the resources and the party apparatus of the Liberals. You use Liberals to organize for you. Then you turn around at a moment's notice for a Cabinet appointment. Someone that makes that type of decision to turn his back on all the loyalty everyone else has shown him is no doubt not going to understand the reaction to it.

On his move being arrogant: "If you want to call it arrogance, go ahead, fill the newspaper with it. I don't really care. I am pursuing the very agenda that I got involved to pursue when I was in the Liberal Party supporting Paul Martin. I'm continuing to pursue it. So if that's arrogant to you, then so be it."

Ok I'll call it arrogance then.

The more he opens his mouth the more painfully aware I am that Harper screwed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment