Complete Nonsense

Mindless In Ottawa has some issues with Born Again Christians. It's interesting that he chooses to specifically single out BC's, when I know from firsthand experience that in some ridings the primary group of social conservatives is not a BC. But I can only guess what personal issues Mindless has with BC's in the first place.

Now this is interesting:
Have you ever met a BC? Tell me, weren't you just a little scared? Be honest.

Ya, I've met a BC (At least I'm pretty sure). And no I wasn't scared. I've met many Conservatives that religious, and so far I haven't been scared by any of them. I wonder how one tells if you are looking at a BC without asking him first. This is the worst type of stereotyping I've ever seen. Actually I get more afraid when I meet someone that can't give me a single valid reason why he's a Conservative - but that's another story.
The Conservative Party is dominated by BCs.

Don’t even bother to pretend this is not the case. I’ve been to the nominating meetings where 100 white guys with that glassy eyed look show up with their non liberated wives. Wives who look lobotomized and struggle to keep six kids under the age of six from killing each other while their pompous blow hard of a husband rails against “argent et le vote ethnic”.

"Non-Liberated wives?" You know BC's aren't the Taliban people. They might have different views than you do, but that does not make them crazy people. I'm not a BC. But I don't appreciate any attacks against people of faith because I know I could easily be put in exactly the same situation.

The Conservative Party is not dominated by BCs. A couple riding associations in Ottawa maybe, but from what I've seen the party is a lot more diverse than that. If you want to say that the party is dominated by senior citizens then that's valid. But I'm pretty sure when you look at the long term members of the Liberal Party you're going to find a lot of senior citizens as well. It's not that there is a conspiracy of senior citizens trying to take over either party.
Criticizing BCs is no fun. ItÂ’s a bit like shooting bunny rabbits. They get that puffy look in their eyes, and they wail like a new born baby.

Nonetheless, I am convinced the only way we can renew the CPC, and by extension save Canadian democracy, is to start blasting away. The Party cannot be dominated by any one group and expect to win at the Polls, it's simply impossible. The sooner we acknowledge this 800 Lb Gorilla in the corner, the sooner we can find a reasonable approach that accomodates a diverse enough group of Canadian ideas to win.

Well it seems to me that Mindless is having a lot of fun criticizing BCs. And I'm sorry but if you want to talk about discrimination, Mindless you've given birth to it. People of faith, not just BC's, but Devout Catholics, and evangelicals are all being discriminated against by a society that is increasingly hostile to them.

The Liberal Party has pushed anyone of faith out of the party. The Conservative Party is only not closing the door. That's inclusion. That's a big tent party. If you shut the door Mindless, to be quite frank, I wonder how long before you go after religious pro-life, anti-SSM Catholics such as myself.

Oh and by the way, if the party really were dominated by BC's or people of faith in general, how does anyone explain the pro-abortion policy resolution that was passed at the last convention? The policy resolution now makes it impossible for the party to introduce abortion legislation. How does Mindless In Ottawa explain that?

No comments:

Post a Comment