Chretien the Entertainer

On this, the eve of Chretien's coming spanking at the
Sponsorship Judicial Inquiry, I can't help but reflect on the long and strange career of the former PM... Some particular moments come to mind...


"A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven."


"I don't know what is marijuana. Perhaps I will try it when it will no longer be criminal. I will have my money for my fine and a joint in the other hand..."


"For me, pepper, I put it on my plate." [Translation: Screw you protesters - Jean Chretien doesn't mind using the pepper spray.]


And who could forget Chretien the Strangler...


Something tells me that whatever happens, his testimony at the inquiry will at least be fun to watch.

After all, they're spending 60 million on it, taxpayers might as well get something out of it...

1 comment:

  1. My favorite was during Chrétien's first press confrence after winning the election in 93. A reporter (Bob Fife if memory serves me) asked the new PM about his pledge to rip up the Free Trade Agreement as he promised to do duing the campaign. Chrétien began by saying that because he wasn't a lawyer he didn't know what would be involved in ripping up the bi-latteral agreement. The reporter was almost giddy when he started his follow up with "well actually Mr. Chrétien you are a lawyer..."

    ReplyDelete